Friday, November 15, 2013

What I'm Loving at... CB2

Oh CB2, how I've missed you! Where else can I get my fix of sleek, modern decor for reasonable prices?

Seriously, CB2 has been the best thing to happen to me decorating-wise since I bought my first Benjamin Moore fan deck. I might call my style "mid-century mash-up" -- a mix of mid-century and Hollywood glam with a eclectic mix of whatever else catches my eye. With the help of CB2, I've been able to gradually add enough minimalist pieces to start to make some sense of my home's look.

And, as I have to add every time I talk about CB2, there is an outlet right by my office! It's heaven. And it means I can score lots of smaller pieces on the cheap.

Pillows, vases, and other accessories pop up at the outlet regularly, along with artwork. I have a real soft spot for CB2 artwork. I have a large acrylic canvas of New York and a 5-foot-square Jackie O Warhol print that I got from the outlet, and I'm always on the lookout for more. CB2's buyers manage to find items that are bright and colorful but also somehow classic.

This one would be high on my list if I didn't already have two large cityscapes:

I am also loving this cheeky print. It reminds me of my son!


CB2 is also a great resource for (relatively) inexpensive stylish curtains. I'm thinking of trading out the gray Target panels I have in my bedroom now for these pretty blue linen sheers. However, though the current curtains aren't particularly pretty, they block out a lot more light than these do... sleep or style, which will win out?


I have this filing cabinet in white -- it's really nice quality at a fairly reasonable price. Now I'm wishing I'd held out for this sweet mint color. The orange is nice too...


I have wanted this bookcase since I moved into my house. I bought the (much cheaper) Ikea Expedit instead, but it never really satisfied my desire for the 3.14. Now that I'm moving the Expedit into my daughter's room, I think it's time I splurged on the one I always wanted.


Definitely check out CB2 next time you need lighting. They always have great designs at good prices. I still love my firefly pendant:


And this one is worth adding to the wish list, maybe for a reading corner?

And look at those rugs! I could spend all day at CB2, and my entire paycheck as well. We haven't even gotten to the holiday items!

I'll just leave you with a few more of my faves.

Gold bowls? Yes, please.
Gold and acrylic folding tables? Don't mind if I do.


Gold pig bookends? Why the heck not?

What's your favorite CB2 item? Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment