Monday, April 25, 2011

Quick Fix: April

Look, we're all busy. Unless you are lucky enough to be a full-time decor blogger (kudos to Young House Love! I heart you guys!), your decorating time is likely limited. And if you're like me, your budget is, too. Now that I've blown my tax refund on a new couch and new paint (I heart you, too, Painter Bob) for my bedroom and kitchen, there won't be many big-splash changes for me over the next year.

So what's a design-loving girl to do while she saves up for her next big project? Indulge in a few fast, relatively cheap updates, that's what!

This is the first in a series of posts on simple things you can do to spruce up your house without blowing your budget ...

Make a Switch
Change out your light-switch plates and outlet covers. It makes a HUGE difference, especially if, like me, you are currently sporting cracked, dingy, yellowish-cream-colored plastic numbers. It can be daunting (and pricey) to replace every.single.outlet in your home at once, so just go room by room whenever you get the time. And the rooms don't all have to match either.

I chose this glam beaded style for my bedroom, where you only see a few outlets (feel free to save some cash and skip the outlets no one can see; I changed out all of mine, but I am OCD like that):












A simpler silver look for the living/dining room (there are a LOT of visible outlets and too much glam might be, well, too much):












And in my bathroom, I went with a mod no-visible-screws white laquer switchplate. So no matter your style, there's a option that'll work.

Have fun! I'll be back in May with another Quick Fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment