Monday, April 18, 2011

Kitchen Before & After

Finally, it's done! Well, you know, mostly done. Nothing is ever really done at Chez AD.

First, let's take a peek at the kitchen before:

Not bad, exactly, but not me at all. Lacking the funds or the energy for a full renovation, I decided to give the power of paint a shot. I liked the existing Santa Cecilia granite countertops, so I worked the color palette around them.

I chose a soft green, Benjamin Moore Guilford Green, for the walls and a warm off-white, Benjamin Moore Mascarpone (from the Aura line), for the cabinets. I replaced the antique gold knobs with cool rectangular oil-rubbed bronze pulls to tie in with the copper flecks in the granite. I have new copper pendants to replace the old builder fixtures, but I haven't gotten those switched out yet.

That's about it! Over time, I'd like to replace the appliances and the floors (the tile is fine, but never looks clean -- drives me insane!), but I think this little makeover will tide me over for several years until I have the funds for an overhaul.

Now, for the after photos ...

No comments:

Post a Comment