Friday, April 8, 2011

The Couch Has Arrived!

Granted, the 6:45 am delivery time was a bit early, but I was still thrilled to welcome home my new couch yesterday. Here it is, in all its tufted glory:


Club Sofa by Arhaus in Bella Pewter
No, it is not blue, that's just my impatient photography at work. It's a true charcoal gray in a velvety microfiber fabric. Miraculously, exactly what I envisioned despite having a tiny swatch to work with. Also? It's huge, which is what I wanted, but still.
The yellow curtains are staying; the pale aqua walls will soon be a richer aqua (Wythe Blue from Benjamin Moore, to be exact); and I *think* I want to keep my two little white tables as a coffee table. They are sort of dwarfed by the couch, but I like their quirkiness (they are made of thick white felt with flower cutouts sandwiched between two thick sheets of acrylic) and their versatility. You can sit on them, jump on them (not that I encourage that), put a coffee mug and a magazine on them, get crayon on them ... they are truly indestructible. If only I had one more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment