Monday, March 21, 2011

You Got That Where?

One of the most-commented-on piece of art that I have is this mural of New York City. It's huge -- 4x6 -- and definitely makes a statement. It's also unusual -- not a poster, not a canvas, but instead it's essentially a photograph printed on fabric and hung by two thin aluminum rods. But what surprises people the most is where I got it: PB Teen.

PBTeen has long been one of my favorite sites for relatively inexpensive decor (I'll share a few others in future editions of "You Got That Where?"). It's full of bright colors, modern styles, and unique accessories.

My living room curtains are another PBTeen score. I wanted a burst of yellow, but couldn't find exactly what I needed anywhere. Rather than shell out a fortune for custom drapes, PBTeen came to my rescue with inexpensive crinkled cotton sheers. Are they 100% perfect? No, but they're pretty close, and best of all, I won't feel (too) bad replacing them if I ever do find my dream curtains. In the meantime, these cheerful sunny panels make me smile everyday and look gorgeous when the sun shines through them.
 

What else can you find at PBTeen? Here are my current top 5 picks. Enjoy! And let me know what you think -- are there any "unexpected" places you like to shop?
Derby Stripe Drape in Coffee $49-$79
Rock & Read Bookends $39





Loop Side Table $99

Tulips Toss Pillow $24.99


Pennbrook Stripe Rug $99-$499



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one looking at PB Teen for a grownup home. Funny thing is my real teen wouldn't take a single thing in the catalog. So not his style.

    ReplyDelete