Thursday, March 31, 2011

Don't Quote Me, But ...

I've always kind of (secretly, in my head only) made fun of people who put inspirational quotes up around their homes. It seemed overly personal or cheesy or something. I was just Not a Quote Person, if you know what I mean.

Only, now I find myself with quotes everywhere. There's this one in a small frame by the bed (on my new Ikea Edland nightstand!)

 It reads: "Finish this day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." - Emerson [Quotable Card from Amazon]












And I have this lovely Marilyn Monroe quote in my bathroom: "Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius. It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than to be absolutely boring." [Wall decal from Etsy]
Finally, this one is hanging in my kitchen (ignore the weird flesh colored wall -- it will soon be green).  [Poster from Etsy, frame from Michael's]

So it seems as if I am a Quote Person after all. I just hadn't found the right quotes yet. I chose these because each reminds me to be myself, to let things go, and to realize that everything IS going to be alright eventually.

Are you a Quote Person? What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment